- Choice of 1lb of ground bison plus 1lb of ground turkey breast or 2lb of ground turkey breast
- Large red onion chopped
- 10 oz bag tri-colored bell peppers frozen chopped
- Two garlic cloves minced or three tsp of garlic powder
- Two 15 oz cans of black beans drained and rinsed
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes no salt added
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Frontier salad sprinkle (optional) I get it at Whole Foods.
- Crushed red pepper (optional) I add 1 tbs I like it little more spicy.
- Sea salt to taste. I add 1/2 tsp.
- Spray lightly the bottom of a large cooking pot with Olive Oil spray and turn heat on medium-low.
- Add onion to pot and cook until golden translucent, stirring frequently (about 2 min).
- Add frozen peppers and cook till soft.
- Add meat and cook, stirring frequently, until cooked through (about 10 min.)
- Add spices, close lid and cook on low heat another 5 min.
- Pour in can of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce (cook for another 5 min).
- Add beans, close the lid and turn your heat off. Leave the pot on the burner.
- Let your chili rest for 10 min and serve with your choice of sides!
I like mine with fresh cilantro, green onions, 1/4 avocado and 1 tbsp Fage 0% . My husband enjoys it with shredded cheddar, green onions and crackers.