YourFIT Asian Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 1c spinach
- ½ c shredded red cabbage
- ½ c fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ c coarsely shredded jicama
- ¼ c chopped green onions
- ¼ c roasted peanuts
- 8 oz of protein (chicken, shrimp or ground turkey)
- ¼ c chopped red onion (if you use ground turkey)
- 2 parts of peanut dressing (see recipe below)
- Fresh Cilantro (optional)
- Prepare peanut dressing.
- Toss spinach, shredded cabbage, peas, jicame and green onions with one part of the dressing. Chill for 30 minutes.
- If you will add chicken or shrimp to your salad: Marinade chicken and shrimp in one part of the peanut dressing for 30 minutes before grilling or frying.
- If you will add ground turkey: Heat oil in nonstick pan over medium heat. When oil shimmers, add onion and cook until onion becomes translucent. Add turkey and cook, breaking up meat with the side of a spoon, just until meat is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in one part of peanut dressing and cook 1 minut.
- Serve salad with your choice of protein and top it with peanuts and cilantro. Makes two servings.
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp olive oil (optional) this will make it creamy and smooth, but you can leave it out if you are trying to lean out
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp PB2 (powdered peanut butter) *
- Pinch of curry
- Pinch of ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper if you like it spicy
Whisk all the ingredients together.
*Note: PB2 is available at Whole Foods.