YourFIT Roasted Red Pepper Frittata
- 2 eggs
- 10 egg whites
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- olive oil spray
- ½ c sliced bell red peppers
- ¼ c crumbled goat cheese (for leaner version substitute with 1% cottage cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, egg whites, sea salt, pepper, parsley, chives and basil and beat well.
- Spray small nonstick skillet with olive oil and cook red peppers on medium heat till they get soft. (3-4 minutes)
- Spray an ovenproof skillet with olive oil. (I used two 6 ½ “ iron skillets)
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Add the roasted red peppers and goat cheese (or cottage cheese) to the top of the frittata.
- Put the skillet in the oven and cook until center is set, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
- You can make these for your upcoming week and reheat them on the go.