YourFIT Turkey Burger with Sesame Carrots
Ingredients for Turkey Burger:
- 4 oz ground turkey 92 to 93 percent lean
- 1 thinly sliced scallion
- ¼ C chopped mushrooms or zucchinis
- 1 tsp Cajun spice
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper (optional for those who loves hot hot hot)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Slice of tomato, red onion and lettuce leaves, for serving
- Heat grill to high. In a medium bowl, use your hands to gently combine ground turkey with the rest of the ingredients. Form mixture into 1-inch-thick patty.
- Lightly oil grill. Place patty on the hottest part of the grill; sear until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Turn down the grill to medium and continue grilling until cooked through, 5 to 10 min.
Ingredients for Sesame Carrots:
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, tossed in a dry pan over medium heat until golden
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the carrots in half and then in three long pieces.
- Place carrots in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and roll in the sesame oil.
- Bake at 425 for 5 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 375 and bake another 20 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.