YourFIT Chicken Soup with love from Russia
This is my grandmother’s recipe that I enjoyed as a kid in Russia. I made it gluten free by substituting egg noodles with brown rice pasta. This is one of my husband’s favorites.
- 4 Chicken breasts (skin and bone)
- 1 onion
- 1 Tbsp Better then bouillon chicken base
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- gluten free pasta ( I love Jovial brown rice pasta)
- dry parsley
- dry basil
- dry thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- Place the chicken in a large pot over medium heat. Pour in only enough filtered water to cover the chicken and allow it to slowly come to boil.
- Peal the onion, cut it in half and add it to the pot.
- Skim any impurites that rise to the surface, add little more water if necessary to keep the chicken covered.
- Add bay leaves, lower the heat to medium-low and gently simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, partially covered, until chicken is done.
- Carefully remove the chicken to a cutting board. When its cool enough to handle, discard the skin and bones. Hand-shred the meat and put it aside.
- Remove the onion and discard.
- Add the carrots, celery, thyme, basil, black pepper, sea salt and Better then Bouillon to the stock and simmer till the vegetables are done.
- Add pasta and when its cooked add the chicken back to the pot.
- Serve and enjoy!